Meet Sara White, Hexagon’s Depot Service Coordinator Supervisor. She has decades of experience with metrology and portable arms. In January’s ‘Meet your team’ feature, she talks to us about her role at Hexagon, her goals for 2023, and gives us a little insight into who she is and what makes her tick.
- What is your role at Hexagon, how long have you been with the company?
- I started working for Romer (Hexagon’s portable arm products) in 2001 which was a few years prior to Hexagon acquiring Romer. I’ve held a few different positions within the company, and I’d have to say my current role is by far my favorite. I currently supervise the front office of the Depot Service Department.
- What is your approach to your role (your team?)?
- Just as the rest of Hexagon, our department is running at lightning speed with constant changes and curve balls. I just try to take the day for what it is and roll with the punches. Most days I start my day reviewing my to-do lists and meetings for the day and it ends up completely different than I expected. Every day we are learning and facing new unique challenges.
- What is your goal for 2023?
- We recently started a 5S with our Depot Coordinators. I’m eager to work our way through the 5S and make changes to help our team work more efficiently and provide a better customer experience. While there’s always room for improvement and the 5S will never really end, I’m looking forward to seeing the results of this project.
- What would you like our customers to know about you and your team?
- Our team is the best of the best, we take pride in our work and pride in helping our customers. They are the definition of teamwork, and we enjoy working with each other. Our department has grown substantially over the last few years, and we are constantly being creative and implementing changes to better our department and our customers’ service experience. Our customers are and will always be our number one priority and I think each of our team members exudes this through their work.
- What are your passions outside of work?
- Outside of work, my kids keep us extremely busy. They are at the age when there is something always going on. On the rare occasion when we have downtime, I love cooking and spending time with our close friends and family.
Also, I LOVE to coach; I started coaching Pom at a middle school level when I was in high school. During college, I went back to my old high school and coached them for several years. I fell in love with the creative process and mentoring the kids. I gave it up once I had children of my own, but I’ve been able to get back into it the last few years coaching my daughter’s youth cheer/pom team. This year, they took first place in their competition; it’s rewarding to watch these young girls work so hard at something they love doing to reach their goal as a team. While every year won’t be a championship year, I hope I play a small part in their lives with a little voice in the back of their head that they can do anything they put their minds to and put in the work.
- Give us a fun fact about yourself.
- The SuperBowl is considered a holiday in our household, no matter who is playing in the game. I am a die-hard Detroit Lions fan, so I always have to pick another team to cheer for.